Scientific name: Steinernema carpocapsae
Common name: Entomopathogenic nematodes
Best used: as a preventative or curative of the larvae:
- Lepidoptera (Caterpillars): Tomato Leaf Miner, Armyworms, Cotton Bollworm, Corn Earworm, Tomato Looper, Cutworms, Silvery Moth, European Pepper Moth, Box Tree Moth, and Cranberry Girdler
- the families of Noctuidae, Pyralidae, Tipulidae (Crane Flies)
- the Great Pine Weevil (Hylobius abietis) and Capnodis tenebrionis
- Coleoptera (beetles)
- Orthopthera (e.g. mole crickets).
Works by: the nematodes will enter the pest larvae and release symbiotic bacteria into the body cavity. This bacteria converts the larval tissue into a food source, on which the nematodes feed, develop and reproduce. The host pest dies within a few hours to days after infection.
- 2 sachets of 25 million infected third-stage larva in a cardboard box.
- 2 sachets of 250 million infected third-stage larva ina cardboard box.
Box tree moth
European pepper moth
Diamond back moth
Most of our products contain living organisms; therefore, we must follow specific procedures to guarantee their safe transportation from our door to yours.
All orders received before Wednesday (3:00 pm EST) will ship the following week. We guarantee the product will arrive before end of day Saturday.
If there is a holiday the ship day will be delayed one (1) business day.
Orders are not shipped or delivered on Sundays or holidays.
For more information, please visit: Capsanem | Koppert Products
We can help you!
Find in our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE the most commonly asked questions and answers when purchasing our products.
If you have any inquiries, please fill out this CONTACT FORM and we’ll get back to you.